Thread: Starcraft 2
View Single Post
# 12 18-05-2007 , 01:04 AM
Weyu > 'But it is said that the protoss got the purity of form and that the Zerg got the purity of essence, so combining these two could create the perfect creature(Might have been the Xel'Nagas first goal to bein with.'

I forgot about that. I think it makes sense now.

Weyu > 'Perhaps Duran just wanted to prolonge the war. But if Duran is the old Overmind it would be rather strange that he helped Kerrigan deafet the new Overmind...(Perhaps he didnt like his succesor)'

If Duran is the overmind, then why did he allow the cerebrates merge to form the new overmind that Kerrigan killed? If he is powerful enough to be creating hybrids, then why doesn't he just command the cerebrates to be his servants again and even possibily recontrol Kerrigan or kill her?

Weyu > "Duran claimed to have created the species on the orders of his masters, who have been asleep for countless ages"

That is interesting. The Xel'Naga have never been said to have gone into hibination, they just left after the Protoss attacked them. So which race has been asleep for countless ages? Perhaps the people who created the Xel'Naga (someone had to have created them)

Anyways, I don't think SC2 will be focusing on the Zerg/Protoss/Terran vs the Hybrids. Blizzard says it will be the Zerg Swarm fighting everyone as usual, a greatly weakened Protoss on Shankuras and the evil/crazy Mengsk ruling the Terran Dominion doing who knows what.

Further more, Blizzard mentions a new jungle world (if I can remember correctly) similair to Auir that starts with 'B'. Perhaps the Protoss are going to move from Shankuras to this and creat a new Auir. After all they did kinda turn Shankuras into a desert world like Korhal after they used the Xel'Naga temple on the invading Zerg in Brood War.

And I don't we won't be seeing the UED. sclegacy says that Kerrigan did destroy them all as they fled.