View Single Post
# 5 17-03-2010 , 04:26 AM

Hi

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply.

I'm now working on photorealism on the black man's face. PaintFX have got some good selections such as black eyebrow and rasta hair and beard stubbles. I've got good skin texture and colour with fast_skin and Brownian and I'm now going for the eyes which also uses sss. Just noticed I coloured the eye white too white and I was changing all sorts of sliders on the Attribute Editor but the color wasn't changing until I realised it was in the texture file I was supplying through Photoshop user added image. I changed the eye white to be a bit darkish and now it looks fine but the pupils are a bit too bland black. I have specular and reflection...that looks fine but the pupil looks a bit cartoonish black. Obviously I have to work on the eyebrows and the region around the eyes are much darker and then there's the pear shaped cut at the ends of the eyes facing the nose. And I have to cut the 2 holes around the left and right eyes region on the head mesh. Hope to post a shot soon when I think its "viewable" (a bit ashamed to show it in its current sad state at the moment)

By the way I studied in Imperial College near South Kensington London and did my A-Levels in Kent. Really enjoyed my stay in England as a student although I haven't really travelled out of London except Bath and Docklands. I was there for 7 years (1985-1992). How's the weather there at the moment?