View Single Post
# 1 27-01-2007 , 09:31 AM
Subscriber

My computer desk

I've been trying to do a couple of things without using a tutorial, I tried modeling my parents house, been having trouble in spots of that, so i moved onto trying to model a camel for future animation, been having trouble with mainly the legs and feet so then I decided I'd do a model of my desk, it's been a fun project still some work needs to be done. I wish I knew how to texture this because I'd like to actually complete this model.

Here is one render shot:
user added image
Thats before I turned two of those containers see through as you can see I tought myself how to use the blinn feature (after searching the forums) on that box next to the lamp.

Second Render shot:
user added image
Fooled around with some lighting, made the candle glass seethrough Added a wall for the background, a monitor and a lighter next to the candles

Third render shot:
user added image
Just a close up of the previous shot and newly added geometry to the lamp post.

Fourth render shot:
user added image
Added some more lighting with a different color to it, moved the lights around a little bit. Added a keyboard, mouse, mousepad, cpu, and adjusted the size of the actual desk itself.

Any comments or critiques would be greatly appreciated. If you missed my other WIP of the Haunted House tutorial I will mention again that I've done the Franky tutorial which came out like crap and the haunted house. I've only seriously been into maya for about a month, fooled around with the interface for about a month to a month and a half before getting right into it, and this is now my 3rd close-to-beeing-completed project. I'm kind of stuck as to where to go from here, and how to get any further in this.

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 27-01-2007 at 09:34 AM.