View Single Post
# 4 06-12-2009 , 07:51 PM
Thanks Dave.

This is the first time I have used camtasia and I am just making the narration up off the top my head, so I hope they are not too bad. I really did everything in a single take so they are not as polished as they could be. I am hoping the video quality is high enough that people can freeze frame to see the menu options I am making.

One thing I noticed after watching these myself is I don't really explain the snapping methods I use, like curve and grid snap. They are hard to show in a video because you hold a key down like c (curve) and x (grid) then middle mouse gesture over where you want to grid snap the elements too. Then there are additional options like "keep spacing" that you set up from the move options. I did try to say when I was snapping things though.

Here in Michigan we fish mainly for perch, walleye, pike, and bass and then there are pan fish like bluegill and sunfish. I never really enjoyed ice fishing (It's cold) and I fell through the ice once as a kid. Basically, you bundle up, hike out on to a frozen lake, use an auger to drill a hole and use a rig called a tip up that has a little spring loaded flag that pops up when you get a bite. My brother likes ice fishing more then me, but I think that is because he brings a case of beer with him and gets stinking drunk then stops at McDonald's on the way home and buys McFish sandwich. (lol).

Let me know if there is anything I can do to improve the videos. If people find them useful I will try to make more of them and improve the quality. I was going to do some simple ones to try and add to the free stuff on the site to help people just learning maya.

I have learned a great deal from this site and hope that I am adding some useful stuff in return.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 06-12-2009 at 08:43 PM.