Thread: Strobe light
View Single Post
# 4 01-11-2009 , 06:57 AM
Oh, my bad, by SDK I was referring to a Set Driven Key. I could have been more clear about that.

As for the bit of code there, it all makes sense, but I can't quite get the syntax right. also if you could explain the modulus operator a little.

I might go ahead and explain that this is basically the first time I am trying to use expressions, outside of copy/pasting snippets of code from various tutorials.

Edit:

I got it working with this little bit here :
pointLightShape1.intensity=time%2; :attn:

Which brings me to the next step:

I need this to drive the visibility if an object. The issue now is, I already have the visibility of the geometry being controlled by an expression, so in this case I will be need it to be a set driven key. Problem is, I cant figure out how to get the pointLightShape to load as the driver. I can only get the pointLight itself, which does not have an intensity attribute.

Supposing I could alter the expression to be on the pointLight visibility, rather than the pointLightShape?

I suppose this would be a good time to explain exactly what I am trying to do here, which is the muzzle-flash of a Gatling Gun. I have a group of Nurbs that serves as the actual glow/flame of the muzzle-flash. I have the expression for visibility on that set, so that it is only visible when the barrels are rotating. I now need for it to flash on and off it time with the pointLight.

Last edited by Jeremy2112; 01-11-2009 at 07:28 AM.