View Single Post
# 1 14-03-2006 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber

maya slow. image planes

okay all I am back. Going to do some more work in maya and see if i can get things working. I am working with image plane and side view is so slow when i go in and out . I cant believe how slow. it will take years for me to just use the cv tool . i can post a picture of what i have if that will do good but just to move in and out takes 2 mins or longer. I never had this problem before . what settings will you all need ?

pc specs

1.67 processor amd
512 gig ram
128 radeon 9600
80 gig main hard drive. Only six gigs free on it.

dont know what to do ...

okay odd issue even worst. i pull up image plane of kurts dog and works fast ..in and out. But if i pull up image plane of what i have one side view and one front view it takes for ever in any view. Kurts dog is just a side view so curious what to do., cause i cant do anything ...i will provide pictures if need. Also if it helps I am trying to do tutorial on maya basics by Digital tutors . Trying that to learn basics and then go back to the dog and just everything is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ...

also antivirus and firewall are shut off and others ...even with those running the image plane for kurts dog works fine. so kinda stuck at this point. also pc is free of any virus or spyware. pc runs fine on everythign else .

also i have not done any modeling at all. just image planes right now and that is it ...I did a search and didnt come up with anything on the forum ...cheers

Last edited by mmoore5553; 14-03-2006 at 07:36 PM.