View Single Post
# 8 18-07-2007 , 06:40 PM
Jay - Thank you
Here is a little update with some added parts such as screws and frets.

Junkie Inc. - Allright I'll get you some techniques to get you started. I remember before I modeled anything, the first thing I tried was a guitar and I couldnt get the body right. After doing some car modeling, this was a piece of cake. Allright let me explain some things. There are many ways of modeling a guitar. You can start off with a block and extrude it out to the shape of a guitar. You can just use reference and use a plain and "connect the dots" sort of thing. For this project I particularly used an EP curve tool. Got the shape down and just extruded a plain to the curve. You can use one of those plane tools under the surfaces menu in 8.5. Thats If you are lazy it will make a plane for you out of the curve. I would not recommend that. Sometimes it works, but I like to keep my mesh's vertex just how I want them. Ok now you asked about the bevel. Use what you like. They all work fine. You can either smooth out the body once you added depth, Sub D it, or use the bevel option. I would say use whichever you are more comfortable with. Now for the scoop. First off, if you just want a render, I dont think you need to add that scoop since it will be covered up by the pickups either way. The pickup will stay on top of it. As I did on the neck. Necks have the 6 holes for the tuning pegs. I just left them out because it wont change anything due to an overlap of the pegs on the headstock. But if you must know, there are several way, both which have their problems. The easier way - once you got your mesh down and know you wouldnt modify the body, simply get the shape of the scoop and use the Booleans diference option. Once done, do not try to convert to other options. The harder way - you can actually take out the time and arange your vertices to for the shape of the scoop and then extrude out the scoop. Problem with this is your guitar body won't be so smooth since its a good bet you will have many lines close to each other which will form a sharp edge on the body. So with knowing that, GOOD LUCK!

Attached Thumbnails

Detailed Electric Guitar

AMX Xtruder 8 Ball concept car

Lamborghini WIP

Last edited by XtremeAMX; 18-07-2007 at 06:43 PM.