Thread: maya 2009?
View Single Post
# 17 27-05-2008 , 05:56 AM
Senior Software Developer
I think Steve is totaly right, too much speculation. I can totaly see Ext1 and 2 being added to Maya 2009 and we can only hope the nuculas system is added to the Dynamics. This (IMHO) put Maya back on top of the 3D packages.

Maybe this explains the lack of updates in Max. It seems Max users are starting to feel like we Maya users did at the Alias/Autodesk Takeover. IT seems a few are worried about the applications future. I was reading an article in this months 3D World (Issue 105) in the letters section of the Autodesk attitude towards Maya. The concern is that the lack of updates for that app and the huge updates Maya is getting, may mean the end of Max in the entertainment field (TV, Film, Games). Currently it has no nCloth (both apps support Python), outdated NURBS, Joints system similar to the CAT system (which is now owned by Softimage, makers of XSI), no Full Body IK. With these systems having no updates in the last 2 releases, is Maya going to be Autodesks Flagship. Everything points to yes...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)