View Single Post
# 242 04-01-2010 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber
See My reason for disagreeing with 3d being a must for 3d(While i whole heartedly understand and agree that it can be helpful,i think i stated earlier, but i don't recall for sure and I'm too lazy to navigate to the other thread and look lol ) , is...I myself while i cannot draw for crap without a picture to stare at and copy... I can model anything in my head, given the time to do so.

I can 'copy' 2d art when i see it, and have blank paper. but developing a concept from scratch in 2d has always been beyond me up till not at least. But if i see something in my head, and i want to model it. I can develop the concept in 3d no problem, following the same basic principles of 2d concept work, Rough blocky shapes, ( akin to a silhouette ) followed by slightly more detail, so forth and so on.

Now, at the risk of sounding like a smart ass, and i do this only because Jay, you know me well enough to know I'm not. ....well usually. Do the laws of physics cease to exist on the right side of my brain? or have i perhaps just developed my own work flow to suite the talents i chose to develop?

What would your take on that one be my friend?

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!