View Single Post
# 3 12-09-2003 , 12:19 AM
Subscriber
Well...

Mine appears to be a little bit too bright, but someone told me that this can be fixed (yet this seems to be a common fault of this Sony chassis), either by trying to alter the gamma settings of your graphics card, or by letting a service agent reset it with a special software...

Then there are to very thin (barely visible) horizontal lines running accross the screen, but someone (the same someone I mentioned above) pointed out that this seems to be a common phenomenon with Triniton tubes in general, as these wires support the aperature grill inside the tube.

Apart from this it's a pretty good device.

And it's HUGE (21', mind that!). Sits there like a lump of lead. I'm anxiously examining my desk every five mintues if there are any cracks starting to show! user added image

That it's colour is a charcoal-grey is a nice addition.

But that damn SGI logo makes me long for a nice Octane2 or a Tezro...but then, why not a friggin' Onyx 3200? user added image

Anyway: I think for the money (I paid €200, which is more or less the same in US $) it's a really good display. Back in 2000 it was sold for $800-$1000, so I think that it's a good deal.

Go for it!

Renderizer

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!