Thread: Mi - 24 Hind
View Single Post
# 6 05-10-2010 , 10:31 PM
Yeah the topology needs work but like you say you already know this. I would probably have my edges organized very differently though and hope you dont mind me posting this quick paintover to show what I mean. Also excuse the crudeness as I am without my wacom at the mo and am not great with ps with a mouse . :headbang:
This just demonstrates how I would have the edges flowing into each other. I would model the windows separately but there would be edges flowing into them. This would enable me to easily add the trim underneath so the windows will match the base and follow the flow of the model. I always look at what I am modeling and work out the best method as to where I am going to have my edges as the 1st polys you lay down go a long way to determining the overall flow of the entire model. In this sense it is very important to get this right early on or else you end up fighting yourself further into the modeling process to try and get things where you want.
You do have a good base though but I would go back and re model over it with a different approach to the edge flow. This should be a lot faster as you have a good base to work from, allowing you to focus on the edge flow and topology, as you already know where your polygons need to be positioned. Hope the crit does not seem harsh as I know how difficult this is and you have made a good start but just feel the edge flow may cause you problems further down the line. That said you did mention that you were going to be changing this anyway and may already of planned what I am suggesting.
Keep up the good work though and look forward to seeing your progress.

Attached Images