Thread: An ask....
View Single Post
# 13 23-12-2010 , 08:24 PM
Administrator

to be fair, i mentioned it without looking at the forum in which it was posted. In a round about way it was me saying "why do it in maya?"
anyway... although i agree with every thing that has been said in this thread, i find it unnecessary. I think if anything, the advice given on the site is always pitched at the right level or below for most every question asked.

I don't think it was meant as a personal attack on you in any way, it was just pulled out of the hat. And my line was merely a joke because I'm on a lot of other forums which are nowhere as good as this one and I catch these really bizarre posts from time to time where people have stolen everything under the sky and are attempting to put together something pixar like while they don't even have enough knowledge to model a chair in Maya that looks gooduser added image

I think what Jay's saying is just that it's better to try and ground people sometimes as a lot of beginners have unrealistic expectations and no idea how much time goes into producing top notch work, both for newbies and people who's done this for years. I get annoyed for the same reason sometimes. This forum is nice because of the general tone set here and the fact that no question's too stupid to ask, I see people get completely slaughtered on other forums for the same questions and then laughed out of the place which is really nasty to do as we all struggle from time to time and no one picked up a copy of Maya and turned out stunning work from the start.

Also you provide some of the best answers on this forum and it's on topics like lighting and materials where it's really needed. And the way you initiated the open challenge with the jerry can was so nice so I think you're great. I think we all do, no offence meant hereuser added image

Nilla