View Single Post
# 80 20-11-2010 , 11:05 AM
Administrator
I can see why, I'm not a huge fan of texture painting either. A few months back David got me a tablet, I thought it was the best birthday gift ever and spent days happily drawing on my cartoon strip. Then of course came the ulterior motive, he wanted a second color map for the spitfire so he could fly multiple spits around in Maya, and because I like to paint he thought it was right up my street. I think I got through one wing before I almost died of boredom and started to try and find an alternative way of creating damaged camouflage paint with proceduralsuser added image

So if you don't like it, try learning how to work with these instead. It's difficult to get exactly the result you want for something like this it's more commonly used for larger environments, but you can get a good base and convert to bitmap and then add small imperfections for specifics. I know I keep banging on about them but I've seen people who are really good at using procedurals come up with some amazing stuff. And it can really save you a lot of time so it's worth looking into.