Thread: What To Do
View Single Post
# 4 30-06-2003 , 07:21 PM
Hmmm. well, if you're into doing stunt work, then I guess one of those STAGE FIGHTING options would be ok. I personally dont know much about stunt work. However, 3D or FILM I do know.

IMHO... If you're going to get into doing 3D for film, then my suggestion would be to go with a film course and learn 3D on your own while you are doing the film stuff. While a course in 3D will give you practical training, it only teaches you the basics and only goes so far into it (depending on which school you attend, aslo). I just finished a 4 year course in 3D and probably would have achieved a lot more on my own once I learned the software. But, having that paper that says I can do it is what I really needed, so I guess it wasn't all that bad.

However, film will teach you... well... film. You will learn film production and process and at the same time, you can teach yourself 3D and learn to integrate the two. It's easier, IMO, to learn 3D on your own than it is film. Get the practical film training and go with the hands on learning of 3D. Besides, from what I read, a good majority of schools don't even let you touch a computer the first year of school. That's a lot fo time wasted when you could be advancing yourself in 3D.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu