View Single Post
# 1 17-01-2007 , 03:35 PM
Senior Software Developer

Facing Mental Ray

OK

After much deliberation and the internal struggle I have decided to plunge into rending what I do in MR. I mean is sooo much better than the Maya SR.

This was something I was playing with and modelling at work as it has been really quiet over the couple of days and also one of my team asked how I would model the Pen Holder (Oh I don't work with Maya or any 3D app in my normal job user added image ). So I gave him a live demo. I had a pen to go with it so I modelled that in 20 mins or so and played with the renders, but to no avail as the PC's at work are really poor on the graphics Hardware (I think its lucky they can actually display an image on screen of the O/S thb user added image ).

Anyway. I brought it home and started to play with MR and sorted out the issues I was having and ended up with this. I have just to add the decals to the Pen Holder and some writing that is on the pen and I'll post it in Finished and if I feel its worthy add it to my list for a portfolio.

Constructive Crits always welcomed, Enjoy...

Attached Thumbnails

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)