View Single Post
# 7 01-12-2008 , 05:02 PM
Hi there,

so I've been seriously wrking in maya with the goal to lern effectivly how to use this program. I'm really determined about it.

Anyway, I hope i can use this thread as some kind of help section where i constantly post my problems instead of spaming the Newbie Forum with all my concerns in single threats. btw it's easy to re-read smething i think insteead of searching the whole forum for previous questions i've asked.

So, I'm working on this tutorial

https://de.youtube.com/watch?v=J1mExXURsWk

it wouldn't be such a big problem to just follow it since I know the basics of extruding/ navigating ect. but what kind of use does it have if I just fallow and don't understand what I'm doing? because I'm heading for some kind of effective learning cuz that's the way I've done it with Photoshop.

ehm.. this is my Blog , only want you to see that i's not useless waste of time. there you can see iÄve been working with blender for a while

So here's my concern
after modeling the basic balm i noticed (as I used the Move Tool on a Vertex) that I created edges and verts by inaccurate extruding by mistake.

How do i get rid of this edge since i can't just click on it in the "Vertex Face Mode" and just delete it. same for the Vertext.

In this stage i could just delete the whole mesh since it haven't gone far but it would serously bug me if it'd happen on face modeling and i wouldn't know what to do.

this is how it looks:

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Hygami; 01-12-2008 at 05:07 PM.