View Single Post
# 1 07-08-2007 , 04:32 PM

mouse navigation mapping

Since I am on a mac laptop and only have one mouse key, I want to reassign the Track tool hot key to being: Control + Alt + LMB

However, mouse buttons are not available as options from the key drop down menu in the hotkey editor, and I only get errors when I try typing "LMB" or "Left_Mouse_Button"

I figure there has to be a way of assigning keystrokes with mouse buttons, since the other navigation commands use different mouse buttons as well.

Basically my question is, is it possible to create hotkeys that use the mouse button(s) and if so, how do you do it.

And before I get lectured on simply using an external mouse, I'm on the move a lot, and so having a keystroke would be much less of a hassle than trying to use a mouse in the subway or bus.

Also, I'd appreciate it if we could keep 'get a windows so you have more buttons' comments to a minimum as well. I doubt that the mac version of maya has different keystroke capabilities as the windows version.

Not like it makes much of a difference, but I'm using Maya 8.5 on a Mac book pro running Mac OS 10.4.10