View Single Post
# 1 12-06-2007 , 02:54 AM
Senior Software Developer

XNA - Texturing Issues

OK,

I dont know if any one but Mike McK will be able to shed any light on this, what is a small problem. I am in the process of creating a DemoReel for applications to go forward into the games Industry. My idea is to create a demoreel showcasing the models in the game and then show a running demo. Of the characters, models, objects etc... In action.

Im at the begining stage and have came a cross an issue that I can't seem to resolve. I created the IP6 Craft from Star Wars UV Mapped it and duplicateed certain parts of the geometry (wings) to save time in having to model again reversed the normals and exported itas fbx into XNA. Without texture everything appeared fine and the geometry in the gmae was OK. Until I textured it. I put a 1024x1024 jpeg texture file onto the wings and rendered in SW renderer, all was OK. I then exported this to fbx and added it to XNA and tested it in a small loader program. The original wing was fine, but the duplicated one showed the base colour of the texture, but did not show the logo I had added to both wings...

Is it a problem I have created by duplicating the geometry?
Is it a problem with the duplicated wings UV mappings?

Any light that could be shed on this would be great.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)