Thread: Double Helix
View Single Post
# 6 17-11-2008 , 11:46 PM
I'd recommend you check out the plugin Jay mentioned. It might be the path of least resistance. If you want a step-by-step, Here's a video tutorial on how to create a double helix. It's for Lightwave so you would have to adjust for Maya but it still may give you some ideas:

https://www.pixelandpoly.com/video011.html

LOL great, I modelled one of these for a medical documentary for Discovery channel, the series is due to start this week. Anyway being the only modeller on the show I was faced with the same problem of how to start it.

Damn, Jay. I keep telling my wife that that's my dream gig...give up web development and do 3D for the various info channels (Discovery, History Channel, Animal Planet, etc. etc.) I think Meteor up in Canada does a lot of work for them. I've been getting a kick out of "Jurassic Fight Club" and the other one that puts the host in the environment with the prehistoric creatures but they make it seem like a current documentary....for example he goes scuba diving and encounters Megalodon among other dinosaurs. Stressful but fun stuff.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."