View Single Post
# 7 20-10-2002 , 02:09 AM
SM Tea Boy

people who are good tend to go work for the big boys, i mean really really really good, big boys being ILM, digital domain, pixar but they dnt use maya

Maya customers include: CNN, Disney, Dreamworks SKG, Electronic Arts, Industrial Light & Magic, Nintendo, Pixar, Sega, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Square Co.]

Maya played a role in three of the 2002 Academy Award winning films: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Shrekand For The Birds.

Maya was used to create over half of the top twenty best-selling holiday PlaysStation® 2 titles in December 2001.

Alias|Wavefront software has been used in almost every film nominated by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences in the category best visual effectsfor the past five years.

So i think we can safely say Maya's not a bad choice for breaking into a career in 3d with one of the larger companies user added image

As for myself im just a programmer and not exactly what you would call the worlds best Maya user user added image some of our mods work in the 3D industry 9 - 5 of course, its not the easiest programme to learn but well worth the effort, lol but then again im a bit bias so....

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"