Thread: Maya for Mac
View Single Post
# 32 21-12-2006 , 08:21 PM
Subscriber
i suspect some programs to be not really cosher, seeing we all own maya, avid, and whatever else came down the line that took our fantasy, and wondered how much that has to do with crashing,

this PC is purring at the moment. (an so is the mac)

i am about to put avid composer and all its peripherials (which are many) on to this PC, also Premier because i have a deadline and i havent used Avid before because the avid i had was express or something and had no driver for my camera. I would continue to use the PC for maya because i dont think the I mac would handle it (at a near 100% CPU rating consistantly) and more to the piont, i want ALL the software on the mac to be cosher and with all the plugins that came with protools and M Box 2 and the I mac, i would never need to accire any from anywhere. if i cant make music with what has been supplied LEGALLY with those two pieces of hardware then i should just leave and wonder the earth like Kain from Kung Fu.

this is a good piont with the I mac, it has come with Reason, Aplton live, Sampletank, T-Racks, and the list goes on, even more came with protools via the M Box 2 has many more plugins , many many...

i dont care which i use, mac or PC, but if its needed for work then its needed for work.

i am just glad to hear good things about the I Mac and sure i suspect it to be dated in 6 months butr i have no choice if i want to go with the indusrty flow.

i hear mnay good things about both macs and PCs
and many bad things, it seems s matter of preferance,

i would not use avid on a mac, it was made for PC, sure it can run on the mac but.., FCP was designed for the mac (he says not knowing at all what hes talking about)

even the macs at the uni crash, but they are very mistreated by people who have no idea what they are doing and there is absolutely mininal, if any maintance.

take it easy and life will be easy