Thread: MAC vs PC
View Single Post
# 36 05-02-2007 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber
Gster,mate.., if you have never had much experience on a Mac, well you start to appear dog headed and going for the throat. No one hates PCs, I like all computers and 6 months ago would have backed you up (even though i had hardly used a mac. why is that??) but not now. I think if you spent a lot of time on a mac I think you might get hooked (they ARE addictive).

As for your comment (and I have thought about it a lot since getting FCP because I did stick it out with Avid at your advice, true!) before that FCP and Avid are similar, the only thing I see that IS similar is the timeline (slight exaggeration) and a few tools. FCP is soo much more friendly, at least these days anyway, I have 5.1 and man, its like using the most simplest program with the most high end results an it is fast fast fast. I have seem people fly on Avid (dont forget I use ProTools, an Avid product and Avid too) but FCP intel 5.1., is just as fast.

If your talking Pro.., then its a matter of preference is all, too many camps using Avid verses FCP in the Pro world; past that is FILM editing, now THERE is an ART, Im not talking digital, I'm talking celuloid. (I know you know all this but anyway...) That's where things might get a little more limited to the editors experience, but seeing as we are talking digital here, well, I think it is preference.

as for starting up, yes, most high end programs need a restart on the I Mac intel, but so what anyway, who cares and whoever suggested that it is a plus that Macs do not need a restart must be retarded or groping for a sales pitch, very poor advertising, I would have thought a Mac stood on its own for a number of reasons past that (one, they are pretty LOL user added image and the PC is ugly ugly LOL user added image )

as for the camera, it IS quality, but I know some who cover it because it is intrusive, but it IS quality. as proof here is a picture of me, showing JUST' my 'good' side LOL taken on the Mac inbulit I cam

Attached Images

take it easy and life will be easy