View Single Post
# 25 13-03-2005 , 08:30 AM
Subscriber

recommended reading...

Originally posted by utpal
... which books do you refer to? i'm learning too, but i am already done with all the books available here. my current favourite is Maya help.

I PM'ed Utpal, but if anyone else is wondering I have rather extensive library of Maya books with more on the way. Books that I've found particularly useful are;

The Art of Maya, 3rd Edition - This is good book for 3D concepts in Maya, not a how to, more of what is.

Visual Quickstart for Maya 6 - I recommend the quickstart series for any program you're learning. This book makes a great companion for any of the numerous project based books. It covers tools and settings rather than methods and application so it makes a great reference book.

The Game Artist's Guide to Maya - Required reading if you're developing game characters. Probably the best printed reference I've found on UV mapping so far.

Maya Character Animation - I hope to get to the level in this book someday. For now, it provides excellent information on NURBS, skinning, and mapping.

Besides the above, I have most of the books in Alias' Learning Maya series, two DVDs from SM, cd and DVDs from other sources, and of course the PDF references that come with Maya.

My MEL book is enroute. So much to read, so little time. :0

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."