View Single Post
# 2 09-05-2004 , 03:59 AM
SM Tea Boy
From file sharing to the FXP scene, cracked software is going to get where it was never meant to be, sad but true.

People downloading software, well it shouldn't happen, but it does of course, and will continue to do so. Everyone likes something for nothing.

I've come across two places selling my stuff now (both charging more than I do LOL) and that really pisses me off user added image Don't get me wrong if someone was giving my stuff away for free, I wouldn't exactly be jumping for joy. But its inevitable that someone will burn some tuts for his mate, or stick some on his FTP site somewhere, for his friends to grab. It's not right but how many of us haven't lent a book or DVD to a friend.

People giving stuff away that I've written, or paid to have created gets on my nerves and costs me money. People selling stuff I've created, however makes me want to beat them to death.

We've been quite lucky up until now. Most people understand this is a small business, with I think fair prices. Most people are content to pay the price asked.

Alias give away the PLE, I give away 6 hours of free video on this site alone. But it's not enough for some people. Everything for nothing seems to be the motto of the time.

Selling other peoples stuff (without permission) makes you the scum of the earth IMHO.

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"