View Single Post
# 3 09-09-2010 , 11:37 AM
Lifetime Member
stwert hit it on the head. I have had similar probs...the checker is the key for sure. Not everyone scales the UV though stwert...I have read elsewhere you can get more detail etc. I personally try to make my UV's the same or similar scale to the model as stwert said.

It also depends on the actual layout of the UV's too mate. If you have a rectangle....then the UV's should be rectangle...if you know what I mean.

I have learnt there is just as much work in UV as there is in modelling...dont just throw the sheet with the map over the bed without tucking it in so to speak. I fell for it at first...think..just paint shapes..throw sheet (skin) on and all is good. Well it didnt work.

I have also learnt that the actual model thought out properly and with little or at least mirrored geo...will make UV easier. I have seen one person who likes UV yet..LOL...but Im sure there is 1 person on the planet somewhere who loves it.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes