View Single Post
# 1 16-09-2005 , 02:07 PM
Subscriber

Stuck on tutorial Dynamic explosion for VFX

Hi
I am using maya 6,5 and recently was doing the expl0sion for vfx tutorial found in archives which was done in maya 4.5 .I thought i would be a pretty good introductory tutorial before going into the other newer 6 part Explosion tutorial.

I created a spaceship, cut it into pieces with the "detachSeparate" mel script as explained in the tutorials, and followed the instructions perfectly up to the part where i created all the parts of the ship into rigid bodies.

Then i went and created the Radial field "boomer as described, set the keys of magnitude on the 3 frames 19-20-21 as described, but then something really weird happens.

When i set the key of magnitude 120 at frame 20 as described on the tutorial and then move to the next frame (21), maya takes a long time (almost freezes) then finally at key 21 i set the other key back to 0 as explained on the tutorial.

I got this warning message

Warning: Rigid Body interpenetration occurred between 'debris011' and 'debris011'.

then finally i go to play back from the beggining , at first it starts, kinda normally detaching, but slowly freezing as it gets to frame 20 . finally i stop and play back again. And right at frame 2, the ship pieces are blown apart far far away.I checked all the keys to see if i had by mistake set additional keys anywhere, but i can't figure out the cause of this problem.

If any one has the time and patience, and kindness to take a look and see if there's something I have overlooked, it would be greatly appreciated. I know i am asking for too much , but i'll keep trying, any little bit helps.

Thanks for reading.

p.s. my computer also has decent ram, processor and video card, so i don't believe that's the cause for this particular problem.

Attached Files
File Type: mb dynamic explosion vfx exercise.mb (112.9 KB, 399 views)

"It is Difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet"
-Miyamoto Musashi-

Last edited by ryuhayabusa13; 16-09-2005 at 02:14 PM.