View Single Post
# 77 03-09-2003 , 06:57 PM
Hey guys... Hows it going? thanks for all of the responses user added image Yeah, to be honest... I have kind of switched over to MR. I still think GI_Joe is great, but when I work with a model like this truck, with all of the geometry it takes forever and a day to render with GI_Joe. Also, When working with heavy meshes, Maya seems to lock up allot more when trying to render, because it doesn't handle the memory as well as MR. But, if you have a small to medium size mesh like my jeep, then I truly think that GI_Joe is better. I think that MR doesn't depend on how much geometry you have, just how large the scene is, and how much you tweak with your settings. GI_Joe Really depends on how many faces you have... You can't render Sub d's very well (if they are not quads then they are not rendered). So if my model is Sub D's I usually convert what I know is not quads back into polys. Anyways, the only photo that I was able to take this morning was of the wheel. So this afternoon after every once clears out of work, I am going to take the rest of the photos. Hopefully the rest of the model will turn out nice. Thanks allot for your support, definitely one of my main sources of motivation and inspiration.
Brian

BTW Kev said that I could make a video tutorial on the tires... Now I just need to figure out what kind of software i need to make it, and I will start when this truck project is complete.. I think I will start with Modeling...and go thru the textureing/rendering/post aspect of it.

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 03-09-2003 at 07:00 PM.