View Single Post
# 9 25-10-2004 , 05:06 PM
Thats strange, I just did the same thing on one of my characters and it worked fine. The only thing I can think of is the use of the cut faces tool. I don't do it that way, I just select the faces in the head and extract/seperate them (actually I use a script fro highend3d.com called detachSeperate which basically duplicates the mesh, then deletes the selected faces from the duplicate, and the non selected faces from the original). From here a combine and merge verts connects back the head which I can now duplicate and make blendshapes from, after I delete the body faces.
I'm going to guess that the faces that are causing you problems are the ones around the cut.
Try this, instead of using the cut polygon tool, select the head faces instead to cut them off. After cutting and combining, don't forget to delete history before you duplicate and make the blend shapes.
If all else fails, this trick only saves you memory so you could just duplicate the whole mesh and make blendshapes. When they are made you can delete the blendshapes from the maya file and the blendshape node will still work. This will also save you memory.

Richard

----------------------------------------------
Richard Cheek
https://www.freelance-animation.com
----------------------------------------------