Thread: More Z4
View Single Post
# 12 11-06-2009 , 01:21 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay

Also I only use specific tool and menus for my own workflow, probably ten at the most, and in maya I probably use the same - are you telling me you use ALL the tools in XSI? I dont think you do, you have a workflow and faves that get the job done - horses for courses as they say....

Jay

nah, of course not. but by 'workflow' i mean a set way to do one thing, for instance if i want an image plane in maya or xsi i dont need 'z scripts' or workarounds to do so.
if i want 4 split screen when i sculpt or model i dont need a zscript, to see my texture library, i dont need a zscript. for me to use PS layer in photoshop, i dont need a zscript [zApplink], if i want to create a light, i create a light and know exactly the result i am getting, not guess work, or if i want to create a shader, i can simply create a shading node, like in EVERY other DCC apps i know of. those things make Z really cumbersome and time consuming. im not having a go at Z, but they should focus on making a solid application instead of just bits and pieces of semi-usefull tools. at the end of the day, i dont think too many people use most of ZB's "features"
they just seem impressive in pixologic's preview videos.
my 2 cent.:p

Image dump