View Single Post
# 8 13-06-2006 , 11:11 AM
Subscriber
thx dilberts u really r helping out heaps here

u say to build the curves with as few cvs as poss but wen u rebuild the curve it changes the cv amounts

wen i started that tut i guessed on how to lay the curves out an such screated extra curves where not needed co i could have just use the same one an detach ect. i made the wheel arches usin a nurbs circle and adjusted the edsweep, selected the bottom two cvs and moved them - is this a good way?

i think 1 reason i initaly stayed away from nurbs is the fact i dontlike txturin them i can jst about cope with polys! all the changing to projections and tweakin lots of settin an fillin in the gaps an havin to set txt correct by manually movin the txt is anoyin espc wen i tried to txture blue

i did notice the tollerence settings on most tools an just left it as defualt which i think is 0.004cm which is fine as im doin this more for the knowledge than the final look - it will make good pratice for me since the only BIG thing i have done in nurbs is wen i made blue here

thx junkyBob for ur support - i have been usin 3dtotal for tuts but it dont work for me unless i have direct llinks to eack tut so i have to copy an paste them into word:headbang:

iwas playin with the tools last nite an i went over trim again
after projectin and trimming u getthat shape cut out but on the surface it is classed not as an isopam but as a trim edge - what is the diif does it mke some of the tools not work for it

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973

Last edited by pbman; 13-06-2006 at 12:29 PM.