Thread: Gnomon Online
View Single Post
# 4 21-02-2007 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
Well it could be explained alot better thru IM or something but I'll try here.

You get assignments every week. You get video that you have to watch.. you get live video feeds on a given night for your quarter where you, your class and your mentor talk live about whats goin on and discuss your work and stuff.

(my mentor this quarter is Martin Hopkins, an animator for DreamWorks... done many films, including the new seinfeld animation movie called BeeMovie)

YOu turn in your work on sunday and depending on what mentor you have, you get a video critique sent to you by him/her showing you what they like and what you should change. YOu get graded blah blah.. and so on...

like I said, a lot can be said. You get forums, a community chat page where you can get online and talk in a chat room with other students.. all kinds of stuff.

They give you Maya rigs, but you can do 2d animation or stop motion or even use your own rig in the application of your choice.. as long as you stick to the course material.

Alot of people and sites have tried to mimick this, but they fail miserably. Animationmentor costs alot because its real and they're not just trying to get your money. Of course they want your money, but they teach you something for it and most students get jobs coming out.

A few students from the last graduating class now work at Dreamworks.. another student works at Blue Sky Studios.. another at Pixar and 2 at Lightwave and Magic...

...so, that's bout all I can think of right now.

D3D