View Single Post
# 1 24-03-2007 , 04:29 AM
Subscriber

Ornathopter - Game Model

This was a project we were working on in class at Escape. We had about 3 days to get as much done as possible to complete the model from a concept sketch (unable to show you that at the moment sorry, but will try to get permission).

It's not something I would've normally have thought to model but it's actually rather good fun. There were 2 vehicles to choose from based on a Flushed Away / Stuart Little style game that was planned but never made it. The first was a Teapot Submarine, the other was this - the Ornathopter. Made of a battery, electric motor, a few furniture casters, a couple of beer lids, a cork, lollysticks and other stuff. If you're wondering, the main character is a mouse, who has a professor mouse constructing vehicles and weaponry for him out of random household bits n pieces.

This will get finished shortly as my course has now ended and I need some portfolio-ness while I'm currently unemployed. After this is complete, I will go back and basically redo almost everything else of mine in the WIP's section ... the low poly axe should be fine as is but the speeder and rider are almost certainly going to be restarted.

The modelling is still in progress so this is NOT a finished AO render! It's just easier to see details like this. Eventually it'll be textured and normal/AO mapped. Model limit is 10,000 tris. Crits welcome chaps.

Attached Thumbnails

Game art WIP - Speeder Bike
Game art WIP - Speeder Bike Rider
Game art WIP - Ornathopter!