View Single Post
# 8 27-03-2006 , 09:31 PM

Originally posted by mjcrawford
does anyone know if there is an updated tutorial for basic rendering? I checked out the one in the downloads, but it is for Maya 4. I am running Maya 7.

Could there be a hardware problem? My system specs are as follows:

system built by Alienware
Invidia mobo
4 2GHz AMD optiron processors
4 GB ram
XP pro (not 64bit)
2 SLI invidia quadro fx1400 video cards

:headbang:

for what Maya costs, you would think that rendering to an AVI would be a snap! I have olny had Maya for about a week and so far I love it, but the rendering in Lightwave was much eaiser to handle!

You can render to an AVI -- but the quality's not too good... most people (like me) render to a series of TARGAs and string 'em in QuickTime Pro for lossless w/ alpha channel.

But, to answer your question: (Even though I'm running 6.0, its the same basic thing)

In render globals -- set Frame/Animation ext to name.ext
In Image Format set to AVI
Start frame to 1
End frame to (whatever your ending frame is)
By frame to 1.

It will render to:

C:/Documents and Settings/(user)/My Documents/maya/projects/default/images/(name).avi

To verify this, the little "console output" in the bottom-right corner of the screen (when you click batch output, after you render it should be where "Result: Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information." appears) click on the button to the right of it and look at the output... it should say the folder it saved to there.

Just a question -- where did you get a quad-server-processor 4GB ram twin-SLi Quadro computer if you're only learning Maya? Most people here on SimplyMaya have less than a quarter of the power of your computer -- Maya really isn't TOO picky so long as it has A Quadro or FireGL plugged into it.

But, just in case -- hop on down to nVidia's website:

https://www.nvidia.com/page/partner_c...d_drivers.html

To pick up the latest Quadro drivers.

Last edited by Phopojijo; 27-03-2006 at 09:35 PM.