Thread: Zbrush 3
View Single Post
# 9 15-05-2007 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
Well what can I say?

Absolutely stunning so far I just divided a model up to 2,700,000 polys and it just flew in the sculpt. Im not kidding here either.

Im only running a gig and a half of ram with 128 on the card, its a vast improvement over version 2 which was bloody good but tended to stall in the hi poly counts like this.

The shaders are better, and if Im not mistaken the models look alot sharper (hd) and the real time shadows are freakin great. theres been some serious thought gone into this and I think this will change the industry again! The rewrite has done it the world of good, now its just a case of becoming accustomed with the new features and the reworking of the interface, which incidently has a new option button for rapid ui and the classic ui.

am going to have a good look over the weekend...watch this space...

Cheers
Jay

im watching user added image

tell me Jay, does the new Zapplink lets you paint flat on the model 's UV or is it still just a projection? [meaning flat like you would normally in PS, i know the old Zapplink just catures a projection of your current workspace and does not truelly lets you paint on the model in PS]

can you paint textures in layers?

can you export or bake materials
:blush: