View Single Post
# 33 08-02-2004 , 09:51 AM
Found also a bug, regarding the GeForceFX (Nvidia) - only in adddition to the common gray screen problem when switching views, found it is also causing the entire maya display to act strangely (dialogs are suddenly not painting correctly), till after some time of usage the application closes (suddenly, without any error), and then if you check the display driver, you suddenly see the driver is there, BUT the colors depth has decreased to 4bit (where it was on 32bit), and the resolution is fixed to: 640x480 (though the display does not change and stays on 1024x768) - and on BOTH cases, you cannot change these settings, unless you do a reboot to the computer :-(

Btw, i still DIDN'T receive any response from the ASUS Technical Supoort, except for the auto-response email, though it has been over 1 week since i've sent that.
My guess is either no one wants to help, or this is indeed some sort of a "conspiracy" between Nvidia & AliasWaveFront, that only those who will buy the Quadro cards will be able to run this software (though both cards are capable to do so, and it's only a matter of driver)...