View Single Post
# 69 30-09-2005 , 08:18 AM
jramauri - thanks user added image I just stuck with the concept drawings and they kind of stayed cute when modelling. I bet if you tried modelling a mario or sonic or similar they would turn out real cute, you've definately got the skill.

papalatistudios - cheers and thanks for the suggestion user added image . At the moment I actually prefer keeping them all hard until the model is nearly finished and then softening it out and tweaking it a bit. The samurai dude is softened (not the sword) but a couple of edges wont play ball and are staying set hard user added image He's also not joined down the middle yet so that might be showing hard edges up).

Joopson - thanks user added image Its just box modelling on the head (turned about 45 degrees'ish) and an extruded six-sided cylinder for the body. It would be a great goal to do tutuorials for people but I think I need more experience first (especially UV's). If this gets finished early then I might consider something basic though user added image

Update: I've been transferring the UV's to a single texture map for the samurai, some of the detail has gone but sharpening the contrast might help distract from that.
Do people create high res maps and then reduce them later???

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net