View Single Post
# 4 02-10-2007 , 08:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I went into Photoshop to check my alpha and got my hopes up when I realized that the black area had a value of 1 in RGB. I realized that I needed to save as a higher quality JPG to keep the value at zero, or save it as another format that didn't compress.

BUT unfortunately, the slight opacity was still there when I mapped the new file... :headbang:

So, the best solution I found so far was to multiply the image with the alpha and map to the color on the surface shader, and then map the alpha to the transparency (almost the same thing I'd tried with a lambert shader before except on a surface shader you dont have to adjust the incadescence).

What you said about incandescence is very interesting though. I had not realized that alpha does not mask incandescence the same way it masks color. I don't think it's just a matter of inverting the colors though. I tried inverting the black and white and the results were not even the opposite of what I had before. Do you know anything else about how incandescence and transparency work with each other?