Thread: jerry can
View Single Post
# 4 20-11-2010 , 10:38 AM
Please do not think of it as a contest. I just thought the shape of the can looked challenging and wanted to see how I would model it.

To be honest this would be a very good hard surface tutorial. The starting from a single poly plane method is a good one to learn.

I originally, was just interested in seeing how to model the can body but when I saw the spout hinge and locking mechanism I had to model that.

Here is the dropbox.com link to the .ma file. It's maya 2011 so if you have a different version remember to set ignore revision in your prefs.

For the welds around the handles it's just seperate geometry. If you look at the refs the handle is just plopped on and welded. The mid seam I just extruded out as I created the depth. If you look at the model you will see the left side is a copy of the right. I just removed the spout and filled the whole. I did not want to make seperate geometry in case I made changes I could still mirror.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5501128/jerr...erry_can_07.ma

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 20-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.