View Single Post
# 6 12-11-2010 , 12:26 PM
Subscriber
Murambi...Yeah, i'd agree with the learning curve. I was thinking yesterday of the zbrush issue that some people have, getting used to the interface and the workflow, and I thought that there was some similarity. Its been interesting actually, because the little video compositing Ive done, and by compositing, I mean basically layering layers and CC-ing them, I've done in After Effects. But I have never understood most of what all those tools and effects were about in the effects panel. But having been looking at Nuke, when going back into After Effects I see that some of them are kind of the equivalent functions, and even back in Maya, math utilities like multiply/divide etc, each program has its own equivalent, so hopefully learning Nuke will also teach me stuff which will help me understand more about other programs.

Hammer: I guess that must have helped alot knowing Shake already. One of the assignments we've had to do this week has been learning about the shuffle and copy nodes. I stopped myself walking away from the computer several times yesterday in frustration before it started becoming clearer. Had a curious sense of triumph once Id got there. Basic motion tracking, corner pinning and shot stabilization to go this week.

I'll keep those escape tuts in mind