View Single Post
# 1 30-08-2005 , 04:40 PM
Subscriber

Heads up Display goes bye bye

The message icons needs a WTF to go with the smiley faces.

So, I've read another post in this forum about "magic key combinations" that totally hoses up you \\My Documents\Maya\ folder. I cannot for the life of me figure out what causes it, but I :headbang: every time because I have a ton of customized key mappings and shelves, and sometimes dropping in backed up preference folder don't even work.

The most apparent symptom is that I lose my HUD. On both sides. Unchecking and rechecking doesn't work, starting a new file doesn't work, etc. The only thing that fixes it is deleting the MyDocs\Maya folder. I've tried to track down which changes have taken place by comparing my userprefs.mel with the one that's automatically created when I start Maya up, but that's beyond a needle in a haystack. I also lose custom key mappings, but not as often as the HUD loss.

This is really farkin aggravating and there's no reason I shouldn't be able to configure Maya the way I want to use it without fear of having to take a loss on a day or two figuring out the problem.

Do they speak English in What?