Thread: agghhh
View Single Post
# 48 29-04-2007 , 05:32 PM

Originally posted by mirek03

...You are suggesting lattices to refine features?? because its sub_ds, or is this a way you find efficient?

Well I use lots of tools to make changes. I use scale and pushing as my first choice. Then lattice deformers. Then soft modification and the dreaded sculpt tool (both of which shoulc be renamed the lumpy_bumpy_tool since it usually makes a total mess of my models).

But my choice of the lattice deformer is not related to subd. It's just an easy way to put a cage around a torso and reshape it. With the lattice deformer and about 5 minutes of work I made a standard and large chested version of Alexia (which I lovingly refer to as Breast-zilla). :smile:

There is one thing about this tutorial that does affect / limit how you can refine the model in the assembly phase. That is the method that is used to create the panel affect of Alexia's torso. It uses subd partial and full creasing and you have to spend a lot of time picking lots of edges. Once the model has been creased in this way you can no longer convert the model to polygons or you lose all the subd creasing and have to pick all those edges again and that is a major time sync.

Last edited by ctbram; 29-04-2007 at 05:40 PM.