View Single Post
# 12 30-07-2007 , 12:27 AM
Not bad over all.

What do you want to do in the industry? You have a lot of different aspects in your reel which is good but at the same time not clear to a company what your best at or what you want to focus on... Looking at your work you seem to be the strongest in set design and cloth sims.

Few constructive things I would suggest:

You have a few models repeating which is unneeded and takes up time. Remeber most of the potential employeers want to pop it in and have something grab them right away. Repeating models might turn them off a bit. Try and aim for 2:30 min 3 at most as far as the length of your reel.

Lighting on the models... If you planing on getting a job modeling you really need to show the models as clear as you can, most of them are dark which hides a lot of the detail.

Wire frames, this is one of the most important aspects of modeling so people can see how your geometey is made and if it will flow and deform/move right with rigging.

Slow the turn table down a bit this will A) let you see the model more clearly and B) give time to show some wires.

The sets:

Very nice for the most part a few lighting issues with a couple, they are the strongest part of your reel

Animation:

Would cut out a lot of the clips you have as some of the animation is slow and not eye grabbing.. the character on the couch and the bed would be good to cut.

Cloth sims:

Are again one of the strongest points in your reel. And their is a lot of work in the industry for that as well.

These are just some suggestion I have for you.. Great to see you working so hard... Getting a demo out is no easy task i just finished my new one as well.

GL on the job hunt as well

Kurt

pS this was typed before you tweaked vershion

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb