View Single Post
# 5 30-10-2010 , 01:16 PM
Thanks.

Just a note - The menu that pops up when you hold shift and right click is the "context menu" and will be different depending on the component you have selected.

Some of these context menu items do not show up with the same name in the normal poly modeling (now called mesh ...lets out a sigh in anger...) menu.

For instance "split vertex" in the conext menu is equivalent to "mesh edit>detach components".

I could now get on my soap box and rant for 40 minutes about why I dislike the name changes autodesk made in an attempt to impose 3dsmax nomenclature onto maya.

I will always prefer "polygon" instead of "mesh" and "nurbs" instead of "surface".

However, the context names not matching the normal poly edit names I cannot really complain to much about. They differ for a logical reason in that you would have multiple poly edit menu items that all do the same thing just on different components so the poly edit menu items are "general" and the context menu items are specific.

However, they should make an attempt to use the SAME verb as the context menu like component SPLIT and component MERGE instead of DETACH and CONNECT.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 30-10-2010 at 01:21 PM.