View Single Post
# 19 30-06-2003 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber
hey, sorry.. no i dont.. like i said its just a small thing.. its really a mod for a old 8 bit video game.. so i am making the models in maya, then lowering the quality big time as an image.. then he will import it with code into the game itself. The funny thing is, the original game is actually incredibly fun and funny too! The original game is Dink Smallwood. If any of you know, making mods in this game is a piece of cake once you get to know the commands. This guy is going over the edge though, so i decided to help him out. Alright, i also just made this because i always wanted to try it, I was trying to make a nes character totally out of poly cubes, but i could only make it from the side, as trying to do it from the front is very hard user added image. Heres the model that i ended up with though user added image.

BTW, i also wonder how to import into games with animation... but silvia.. my best piece of advice would be to get quake 3 and go to polycount.com ( i think thats the address.. or search it on google) and look around there.. they teach you how to make a model in 3ds max for the most part.. but there is a section on Maya... it is really cool and then you can play the game online with your own characters that you have made in maya... i think its limited to triangle meshes though user added image.

Alright enough jibberish on my part.. cya.

Attached Thumbnails

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com