View Single Post
# 1 28-11-2004 , 02:20 PM

Another Female NURBS Body

I just started out at CG a few weeks ago (I just got out of High school and can't stand being idle so I've taken up a few hobbies. I already knew how to sketch pretty fairly but I wanted to aim for extreme realism. I've seen movies from Pixar like, "A Bug's life" and, "Finding Nemo" and I figured I want to do that too. ...Unfortunately The programs used to create these animation seem to be worth alot! So I obtained the MayaPLE and have been poking and stabbing here and there in it. I LOVE MAYA. Whoa!? Where'd that come from...? Anyway, After I taught myself the Cg lingo using the excellent help included I, filled to the brim with excitement and anticipation, descended upon my first project and discovered the true essence of Maya... It is 1,000,000,000.0009% problem solving and .0001% activity. I gasped for air and was pulled in. I've drawn up possibly hundreds of concept art to be modeled in Maya. My hands becoming red as I floated in heaven. Ok, I'm trying to create a seamless Nurbs female. I understand that, due to some kinks in the equation, it may be really complicated to Combine two surfaces. I have tried Filet blend tool and it works great! I was going to marry it when someone malevolently pointed out that you can't marry a script. (Meany!) I also realized that I should be glad I didn't marry it because it sometimes leaves tiny seams where, horrifiyingly enough, I find that someone has taken out my model's vital organs! I need help creating a seamless model of a female. O.o