View Single Post
# 32 06-03-2005 , 04:37 PM
Haha, The hair is three renderable lines. I filmbox transfered the model to Max for that. I duplicated them and then attached multiple so I can tweek clumps at a time. I will add more along the hairline as well as Make it more uneven when I am almot done. I just do not want to add anymore weight to the model yet sense I have to tranfer it over eveytime I want to see it added together. I have never really been happy with paint effects hair and as far as I can tell, it does not work with mental ray. I modeled them in clumps. I will increase the number later but I have not. Funny you say that about the eye because I have already done it. I just did not want to post such a small update. It is subtle but you are right. It does look a lot better. Maybe I should not have done that last post but it really was not a helpful one. Hair is not an easy thing and if you are going to make a statement like that there should be examples. I have been working hard at trying to find a decent way to do hair and I do not want her hair pulled back or her to have short hair. There are very few cases when I have seen the hair look great but when someone is working on a model for a while, you hould use some tack. The ahir on the last render will be retoch considerably in photoshop so I know I can paint in corrections and improve it. I just need a base.