View Single Post
# 66 03-11-2005 , 03:16 PM
listen to Pure.. he know whats hes talking about as far as seeing everything over and over again...

For the most part getting a job in the field really depends on what you want to do. Im a model and texture guy first so i spend most of my time doing just that.. But i do try and make sure I have a good understanding of most of the other parts of 3d like rigging animation incase I get a project that deals with those aspects.

For "most" young 3D artists when starting out you will get hired by smaller companies that will want you to be able to wear a few different hats at the same time not paying you well =).

Once you get experience under your belt and your work starts to reach the higher level of look/quality and productivity. You can start applying to some of the bigger companys out there. The bigger companys are where most of the time you will not be doing a lot of differnt things more just what you where hired to do, say modeling and texturing 90 percent of your time.

Hope that helps

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb