View Single Post
# 8 02-09-2003 , 09:08 PM
I do things differntly then most people... Um.. I usually take some steps that may cause alot of extra time, but because I am so used to it, it saves me time. Thats kind of confusing. But what I do... I make my stuff in Polys... Everyonce in awhile I will convert to Subd's to take alook at what it is going to look like when I am done... then I convert back to polygons (not poly control proxy) and make whatever adjustments I need to. I like to keep as few polys as possible before the ending result, because it keeps unwanted "waves" and indentions out of your model. When I convert from Sub D's to Poly, I covert by Verticies and you have to make sure that the level is set to zero, or else you are going to get a really heavy mesh. Not what you want. when you convert back to Poly this way, then it is like you never converted to Subd's in the first place, so when you are ready, you can go back and convert it to Sub d's without any problems... I don't like to use the poly control proxy option, because for me it takes to much time, and whe I try to edit stuff, it slows down my computer. But that is my personal preference. Well.. Good luck, if you have anymore questions for me please feel free to ask. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!