View Single Post
# 1 27-08-2005 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber

First-Time Maya 6.5 User Needs UV/Texture Help

Well, I read the "How to ask questions the smart way" thread, and feel that I am ready to ask my question to you experienced Maya users. First let me say that I only started using Maya yesterday, so I am EXTREMELY new to 3D graphics and such. I watched the free tutorial video from this website dealing with creating textures in Photoshop through the use of UVs, and that piqued my interest. I want to attempt to create a texture for the temple I created in the Maya 6.5 tutorial, but I don't really know how to get all of the UVs for this temple into one set or how to extract the UVs to Photoshop. I scoured the help section of Maya, but couldn't really find what I was looking for. I also searched for tutorials dealing with this type of thing, but with no luck. If any of you could assist me in this matter I would be extremely grateful :bow: .

I just want to say that so far this has been an excellent resource in learning a little about Maya and I hope to hang around here as I gain more experience and learn more about the program through both gained experience and help from ya'll.

*pants after writing a very long first post*