View Single Post
# 3 02-10-2007 , 05:37 PM
Hi Mirek

Your description confused me a bit as Ive never used it and it seemed like you went straight in there with how to do it, not what I does?? In a nutshell it allows you to paint textures on your 3d object although it seems confusing on how it does this from what youve said.

I dont know if it would work but if you could create a layerd PSD node and then export that out with the object paint it then import that would be pretty cool, but what confuses me it "textures must be applied before edit in PS" seems a bit mad, why not just create a blank canvas using the UV map then use this as the texture?? I'm assuning that you have to uv map before importing into PS with the obj file, theres no funkey work round like in Zbrush with its AUV tiles?

hmmm its a bit hard to say what ramifications it will give as this kind of stuffs been about for a bit in the guise of bodypaint and Zbrush (among others i'm sure). It probably would be a good thing for someone using a maya/PS only pipeline but if you get Zbrush/bodypaint it probably becomes redundant in its 3d painting functionality.

The other features look pretty good, very After effects like, which if you only use a small percentage of AE then it saves learning another programme.

I wouldnt say its a quantum leap in regards to 3d or Maya as the technologys been there for a while, I use Zbrush to paint textures all the time, it is a massive leap for Photoshop, but then again I cant be sure without trying it out!

As I say if your going to streamline your softwares then just the Maya/PS combination looks really good, should have pretty much the tools you need to get any job done.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle